Are there problems with products that you've ordered from Down Town? Find out below whether this is covered by warranty and, if so, how to submit it.
If you have received a wrong or damaged item, we kindly request you to report this to our customer service within 7 working days. The costs for returning incorrectly shipped or damaged items are for our account.
Everything you buy on downtown.nl is of course covered by the legal warranty. In addition, many brands offer an extra warranty on their products.
If your product has damage within a year without misusing the product, this is often covered by warranty.
Did you buy the product more than a year ago? Some brands offer an additional warranty on their products. Please contact us to have this assessed by the brand itself.
Do you want to request a warranty for your product? Then we need a few things. You can send this information to us by email or whatsapp:
- Order number, or copy of your receipt. All brands need the original invoice with a warranty request. We can look this up with your order number, or you can send it yourself.
- Photos of the product. The first assessment is usually done based on photos. What we need in any case is: an overview photo that clearly shows the entire product. Photos of the damage, which clearly show what is wrong with the product.
You receive a warranty on all new products at downtown.nl, including discounted products. The only exception concerns any used products, but even if you have purchased a used product from us, you may apply for warranty.
Manufacturing defects and other damage are covered by warranty, however there are a number of issues that manufacturers will assess immediately and will not consider as a warranty case. This includes:
- Damage due to wear and tear of the product during normal use.
- Damage due to impact, for example on your snowboard or wakeboard.
- Damage from misuse or neglect.
- Damage caused by ski lifts, rocks, trees, rails and other obstacles.
- Damage due to modifications or repairs to the product.
- Damage caused by transport or storage of the product.
Is your damage in the list above? We can still submit a warranty request to the manufacturer, but there's a big chance that your problem is not covered by warranty.
Do you disagree with the service we offer and do you want to engage an independent party? Then you can always contact the mediation department of Stichting Webshop Keurmerk where downtown.nl is affiliated. If, for any reason, the mediation attempt does not lead to a satisfactory solution, there is the possibility to submit your dispute to the Geschillencommissie (SGC).